In the early developmental stages of the brain, billions of neurons are growing their axons outward to find their eventual targets. This process is both exquisitely orchestrated while also subject to randomness and chaos. In such a complex process, billions of axons reaching their targets will never conclude precisely the same way twice.
Axon Pathfinding celebrates this truly amazing step in neural development through a semi-abstracted canvas in ink, dyed stainless steel, and 22K gold leaf. Local clusters of neurons send both long and short range axons to connect with adjacent nuclei. Higher orders of organization emerge through the chaotic interlacing of many axons, guided by chemical signals and physical obstructions in the extracellular environment. The gold and blue regions of the piece may be interpreted as concentration gradients of pathfinding molecules or physical barriers to growth that in turn guide the axonic threads to their targets. The result of this process is the basic wiring of the brain, ready to be iterated to a more optimal functioning state through experience.
- As there is a limited supply, prints will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- The sooner your payment is received, the lower the print # you will get.
- Orders originating from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of all of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for unframed print delivery (domestic orders), 6-8 weeks for framed prints, and 4-6 weeks for international. Most orders will arrive much faster than this, but there is the occasional unforeseen delay.
- NOTE TO CANADIAN CUSTOMERS ORDERING FRAMED PRINTS– There will be import fees associated with your order of approximately $70-80 that will need to be assessed after shipping takes place. Please be aware of this, I will contact you about it at some point after your order is placed, likely when it is ready to ship.