This image won the illustration category of the 2013 Science Magazine/AAAS Science and Engineering Visualization Challenge. From the article on that page:
“Cortex in Metallic Pastels represents a stylized section of the cerebral cortex, in which axons, dendrites, and other features create a scene reminiscent of a copse of silver birch at twilight. An accurate depiction of a slice of cerebral cortex would be a confusing mess… so he thins out the forest of cells, revealing the delicate branching structure of each neuron.”
- Printed on glossy, slightly metallic paper of archival quality.
- As there is a limited supply, prints will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- The sooner your payment is received the lower the print # you will get.
- Orders made from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please note that I cannot ship framed prints to international locations.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for unframed delivery (domestic orders), 6-8 weeks for framed delivery (domestic orders), and 4-6 weeks for international.
- This is the 2020 edition of this print, Small limited editions were released in 2012 and 2013.
- 20% OFF Graduate student discounts are available for unframed prints only. Please email for instructions on how to purchase grad.discount(at)gregadunn.com