Gold Cortex II is one of my earliest and personal favorite paintings of cortex. The painting is inspired in equal parts by Japanese Edo period design, Golgi stains, Ramon y Cajal drawings, and forested landscapes. This is one of the first paintings where I figured out how to adhere blown ink to gold leaf properly, a breakthrough that led to the development of many other downstream techniques.
Prints have a 1/8″ wide black border around the edges that when framed will be hidden. This is so that the entire image will be visible when framed. Prints are framed in a classic narrow black moulding accented by an acid free, ivory toned mat with a black core cut at a bevel for the print opening. Frames come complete with glass and hanging hardware, ready to be put on the wall. (note: watermark will not be present on the actual printed image).
- As there is a limited supply, prints will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- The sooner your payment is received, the lower the print # you will get.
- Shipping costs $18 for all unframed prints $75 for framed and $55 for international unframed orders only. I am sorry I can not send framed prints internationally at this moment.
- Orders made from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of all of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please note that I cannot ship framed prints to international locations.
- Dimensions of the entire framed artwork are 24″ X 30″
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery (domestic orders), 4-6 weeks for international. Framed prints are only for domestic shipping and that delivery time is 4-8 weeks.
- 20% OFF Graduate student discounts are available for unframed prints only. Please email for instructions on how to purchase grad.discount(at)gregadunn.com