Hippocampus II is a classic sagittal view of the hippocampus, center of learning and memory, rendered in enamel and composition gold leaf. This original 42″ square painting was commissioned by the University of California, San Diego neuroscience department in 2010. The wavelike structure and ocean-like colors are an homage to UCSD’s beautiful coastal location and interest in the hippocampus as a region of study.
This is an open edition print which will be available until sometime in June at which point I will not release it again for quite a while. Prints are signed in 22K gold leaf but do not come with certificates of authenticity.
Prints have a 1/8″ wide black border around the edges that when framed will be hidden. This is so that the entire image will be visible when framed. Prints are framed in a classic narrow black moulding accented by an acid free, ivory toned mat with a black core cut at a bevel for the print opening. Frames come complete with glass and hanging hardware, ready to be put on the wall.
- Shipping costs $18 for all unframed prints $55 for framed and $55 for international unframed orders only. I am sorry I can not send framed prints internationally at this moment.
- Orders made from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of all of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please note that I cannot ship framed prints to international locations.
- Dimensions on the entire framed artwork are 22″ X 22″
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery (domestic orders), 4-6 weeks for international.
- Framed prints are only for domestic shipping and that delivery time is 4-8 weeks.
- 20% OFF Graduate student discounts are available for unframed prints only. Please email for instructions on how to purchase grad.discount(at)gregadunn.com