Ah, the hypothalamus! One of the most action packed regions of the brain regulating everything from feeding behavior, the stress response, temperature regulation, bonding behaviors, sleep…it does it all! This vital neuroendocrine region is made of many smaller nuclei and acts as a liason between the pituitary and the rest of the nervous system. It also just happens to be the region I studied way back in grad school.
This image is a bit of a projection type imagining of the structure to be able to fit many regions into a single flat image. Highlights are the arcuate nucleus (bottom), the ventromedial nucleus (blue), and of course the paraventricular nuclei sending their axons ventrally to the median eminence/ pituitary in a heart shape to underscore the love everybody has for this key region!
- Printed on glossy, slightly metallic paper of archival quality.
- As there is a limited supply, prints will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- The sooner your payment is received, the lower the print # you will get.
- I am sorry I can not send framed prints internationally at this moment.
- Orders originating from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of all of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery (domestic orders), 4-6 weeks for international. Most orders will arrive much faster than this, but there is the occasional unforseen delay. To be sure you receive the print in time to give as a gift, please order at least two weeks in advance.
- 20% OFF Graduate student discounts are available. Please email for instructions on how to purchase grad.discount(at)gregadunn.com