by Greg Dunn and Brian Edwards
(archival glossy print on subtly metallic paper- Website watermark is absent in the actual print)
Movement and Sensation is of the Self Reflected microetching photographed under blue, green, and white light and details the motor (left) and somatosensory (right) gyri of the cerebral cortex. The neurons of the motor cortex are responsible for movement, in particular fine motor movements such as playing the piano or writing. To its right, the somatosensory cortex is part of the famous homunculus, the strip of cortex that is responsible for making a map of body sensations through its interaction with touch receptors. This region would become activated when its associated body part is stimulated by a gust of wind, the feeling of another person’s hand brushing across it, etc.
- Printed on glossy, slightly metallic paper of archival quality.
- As there is a limited supply, prints will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- The sooner your payment is received, the lower the print # you will get.
- Shipping costs $17 for unframed and $50 for framed prints within the USA, and $50 for international unframed orders. We are unable to disable framed print orders shipping internationally through the website, so if you order one in that fashion your money will be refunded.
- Orders originating from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of all of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery (domestic orders), 4-6 weeks for international. Most orders will arrive much faster than this, but there is the occasional unforseen delay.
- 20% OFF Graduate student discounts are available. Please email for instructions on how to purchase grad.discount(at)gregadunn.com