by Greg Dunn and Brian Edwards
(archival glossy prints on subtly metallic paper. Website watermark is absent in the actual print)
This image has received the distinction of winning the Illustration category of the National Science Foundation and Popular Science’s 2017 International Science and Engineering Visualization Challenge (the Vizzies)!
Self Reflected in Violets is a print of the entire 8′ X 12′ Self Reflected microetching, the world’s most comprehensive artistic depiction of the brain in the world. Photographed under red, violet, and white light, the print depicts the half a million neurons and their associated circuitry in warm violet tones. Due to its scope and intricacy, this would be an appealing print for a wide variety of brain interested parties!
- Printed on glossy, slightly metallic paper of archival quality.
- As there is a limited supply, prints will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- The sooner your payment is received, the lower the print # you will get.
- Shipping costs $17 for unframed and $50 for framed prints within the USA, and $50 for international unframed orders. We are unable to disable framed print orders shipping internationally through the website, so if you order one in that fashion your money will be refunded.
- Orders originating from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of all of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery (domestic orders), 4-6 weeks for international. Most orders will arrive much faster than this, but there is the occasional unforseen delay. To be sure you receive the print in time to give as a gift, please order at least two weeks in advance.
- 20% OFF Graduate student discounts are available. Please email for instructions on how to purchase grad.discount(at)gregadunn.com