Action Potential is an artistic exploration of how a neuron receives and integrates signals from connected neurons to trigger an action potential. While this piece is a study of how input velocities, locations, and relative strengths influence a downstream neuron’s ability to fire, it also celebrates the explosive beauty of the process. Action potentials are the fundamental processes by which we think, feel, taste, and accomplish every task our brain carries out.
In this image, the colors encode information about strengths of the synapses relative to their distances to the cell body. For example, the more proximal violet colored synapses contrubute to a greater degree to the signal integration, whereas the more distant white, ivory, and light blue synapses contribute a weaker signal.
- Printed on glossy, slightly metallic paper of archival quality.
- As there is a limited supply, prints will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- The sooner your payment is received, the lower the print # you will get.
- I am sorry I can not send framed prints internationally at this moment.
- Orders originating from PA will have 8% sales tax added. PayPal takes care of all of these numbers. Again if you have questions, please email me.
- Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery (domestic orders), 5-6 weeks for international. Framed prints will take around 4-8 weeks to arrive. Email me if you are in a rush.
- 20% OFF Graduate student and COVID frontline worker discounts are available. Please email for instructions on how to purchase grad.discount(at)gregadunn.com